Saturday, September 11, 2010

Introductory Post























My name is Cody Pinnow.  I am a student at UW-Stout in Menomonie Wisconsin.  I am currently majoring in Studio Art with a metals concentration.  I first got into art late in high school and have been ever since.  Some of the work that I am most proud of are my raised vessels of copper.  The cup to the right is a raised copper cup with two (you can only see one) castings of my fingers forming impressions on either side.  The coloration is a heat patina produced using controlled heat of a propane torch.  The cups and pitcher below are also of raised copper, they rest on holders of bent acrylic.  I deeply appreciate the physical strength and endurance necessary to create such pieces.  My favorite course thus far at UW-Stout has been sculpture.  I, very much, enjoyed the opportunity to work very conceptually, something that I do not do very often in my work.  I tend to work more formally in my metalwork.  I am taking Life Drawing I to complete the requirements of my major.  I do not often work two-dimensionally, so, I'm sure this class will provide me with a better understanding of the human form.  After I graduate this spring I plan on attending graduate school and obtaining my Master's degree.

1 comment:

  1. Cody, are these some of your pieces? There great! I hope to see some more of you metal work before long. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete