Saturday, September 25, 2010



Tuesday 9-21 was our first opportunity to draw from a model in class.  We started off by doing a number of very short (20 second or less) drawings of the model.  We do so many from so many different angles in order to better understand the model's form, thus be able to better draw it.  Some of my drawings were moderately successful at that stage, however, I was quite frustrated with the short drawings.  This frustration lets me know that I need to work on seeing the form better in order to more efficiently draw it.


We then proceeded to draw a number drawings, increasing the allowed time.  As the time increased I felt more and more comfortable with how my drawings were turning out.  Having a bit more time allowed me to pay more attention to proportions and more accurately draw the from.  At the end of class we did 2 different 30 minute drawings.  This was the drawing I was most pleased with during this class period.




















On Thursday 9-23 we received our mannekins.  After cleaning off the clay from the past semester's students we went over the terms we would be using to describe the form in an anatomical sense.  We also received our first assignment on the mannekin, to build the spinal erectors, the muscles that allow us to stand upright and be bipedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment