Monday, December 20, 2010

LAST BLOG POST!


Well, here it is, the last Life Drawing blog post I have to do.  It's been a roller coaster ride of a semester, each day was different, some days I felt pretty confident with my drawings, but other days I felt I really crashed and burned.  Early on I really struggled with line weight and drawing with cross-contour lines, but, as the semester progressed, I really feel that my drawing skills have improved.  It was fairly easy to notice a marked improvement in my drawing abilities while looking through my older drawings from the beginning of the semester. 

The upper left image here is one of my first long drawings.  The lower right image is one of my final long drawings.  I can certainly tell that my observational skills as well as my general drawing abilities have improved.  As much as I resisted the process early on, I feel that I've really come to appreciate the style of drawings we were expected to do.  Life Drawing has certainly improved my



In the end, I was fairly happy with how my mannekin turned out.  I found the process of placing the muscles on the mannekin to be highly tedious, but, in the end it was very satisfying to see it finished.  Follow this link to my portfolio on Flickr.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinnowc/sets/

2 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed on how your manikin turned out. You did a really nice job on keeping the muscles a proportionate size and keeping the whole figure very sleek looking. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at your first long drawing to one of your last you have improved greatly! It's fun too see the improvement in skills. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete