Sunday, December 5, 2010

Crunch Time.

Well... Last week was the week that the pile of work hit all across the board.  The end of the semester approaches and I'm feeling the pressure. 
This week in Life Drawing 1 we focused primarily on drawing the shoulder.  I've been looking forward to learning how to draw the shoulder for most of the semester.  After learning a little more about how the shoulder girdle is constructed I was certainly able to draw it with more confidence.  One thing that I certainly struggle with, and, at this point, may not get in this semester, is simply where to place cross-contour lines.  I'm able to place them to bring some sense of volume to the form, but I feel like I'm doing a wire frame inside an outline instead of actually using the cross-contour lines to define the form.  I think it would be a lot easier is we could draw a model that looked like this guy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! It would be so much easier if the muscle structure and contour lines were tattooed onto the models! Perhaps after practice, we can visualize that in our heads.

    As a side note, YOUR almost done! What? you own almost done? Yes! I think I enjoy complaining about grammatical errors almost as much as you. (I am obviously tired and not thinking properly right now.)

    ReplyDelete