Sunday, November 21, 2010

Another Short week.

Well, last week was yet another short week in Life Drawing 1.  Class was canceled on Tuesday, therefore we only had class on Thursday.  In class went over some examples of the use of ink in shell drawings.  We also got a chance to try our hand at using the sumi brush; not my favorite.  I think I worry too much about controlling the ink rather than embracing the slight element of chance that comes from working with ink.  I think if I step back and embrace this lack of control my drawings will benefit.  We also went over the lower leg muscles on our mannekins.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that sometimes giving up a little control can lead to pleasant surprises! It can also be more relaxing when the let the medium do the creative work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody, honestly I told you not to put this picture of my calves up on here. Seriously! HA!

    ReplyDelete